  From: David Harris <dharris@drh.net>
  To  : <imapvpop@davideous.com>
  Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 21:25:00 -0500

BEGIN FORWARDING OF BACKGROUND MESSAGES

Hi,

This is the first message to the imapvpop@davideous.com list. :-)

Now lets get on to using the list...

I am going to just start searching through my e-mail archives and just find
all the e-mail about this topic and forward them to the list. That way a
kind of history will be created in the list archives. This seems like the
most reasonable way to get all this information onto the website.

I am going to take the liberty of forwarding (and therefore publicly
posting) a few e-mails that were to private individuals in off-list
conversation. This will end up sending some of their text that I quoted to
the list. I apologize in advance for this.

 - David Harris
   Principal Engineer, DRH Internet Services